Sunday, February 15, 2009

Show Review:Earle Brown Heritage Center


With all the online auctions, it's easy to forget that collector's still enjoy sifting through rows and rows of cards to find that treasure that they were looking for that the seller didn't want to pay to put it up on Ebay and just wants to get rid of it.

I attended my first card show of the year (sorry TwinsFest) and was pleasantly surprised. Lately the shows have been the same vendors with the same cards. Of course it doesn't help going to the same show nearly every time. This show had a couple of the usual vendors, but some new participants with some great deals (shown). In this economy, there's obviously more and more customers going through the $5 and less bins and I didn't mind finding some of the cool 90's inserts and some new cards of old favorites.

Advertised as having 30 tables (which might have been the number available to vendors), I think there were more like 13 or 14 vendors. Plus there was one vendor in the center (like an island) that I almost missed/forgot about. Something I took away from this show (besides my cards)? Don't try to talk down a price that you know is a good deal to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment